1938 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD SERIES 75 LIMOUSINE


There were a wide variety of body-styles to select from and all wore badges of Cadillac’s in-house coachbuilder Fleetwood. The list ranged from two-passenger coupes to seven-passenger town cars with 14 cataloged styles offered.The Fleetwood Metal Body Company had a history that dated back to 1905 when they were formed in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania. During their early years, some of their best customers were Packard, Pierce-Arrow and Cadillac. Lawrence Fisher, head of GM’s Fisher Body Company and later president of Cadillac was pleased with Fleetwood’s coach-building work and felt the union between the two companies was appropriate. The company was purchased by Cadillac in 1925 and the sales and design offices were moved to Detroit. Additional plants were built in Pennsylvania for body production and Fleetwood continued to accept body-requests from non-GM companies.A Fleetwood plant was built in 1929 in Detroit, adjacent to the Fisher Body facility, and by 1931 all production had migrated to this location. Later, the production was absorbed by General Motors Art & Colour and Fisher Body. The Fleetwood name persisted for many decades, often referring to limited and low-production styles.The Cadillac Series 75 was the marque’s flagship V8 from 1936 onwards. Production of the full-size V8 powered Cadillac’s would continue from the 1930s through the 1950s. There were only 40 examples of this car produced in 1938. Features of this rare limo include fog lights, dual side mounted spare tires, running boards, banjo type steering wheel, suicide doors, padded roof, and in-body trunk. This rare classic Cadillac is well preserved in original condition. Thanks for viewing.

Recent Content

error: Content is protected !!