✅Any donation to support the channel will be much appreciated!
Paypal : firstname.lastname@example.org
✅Get our courses at: m
A simple way of making a ‘basic cover’ for a car seat cushion starting from ‘zero’.
The demonstration was done on a 2007 ford fiesta car seat.
Process to follow:
1. Disassembling of old seat cover.
2. Outlining the contour of whole pieces over foam cushion.
Two rectangular central panels and two side panels(bolsters) that pertain to ‘top panels’.
One ‘surrounding lateral panel’/’skirt’ divided in three parts. One in the center and two in both lateral sides.
One small panel would go in the rear part of seat cushion.
There will be a total of eight(8) pieces, plus those small sleeves for wires.
3. The ‘real measures’ were directly taken from seat foam base following the lines we already drew over. It is advisable to write down on a piece of paper the taken measures.
4. According to ‘real measures’ I then should ‘mark and cut’ the vinyl material. ‘marking and cutting’ of vinyl material. 1 cm seam allowance should be added.
Some pieces were marked igger because some parts of the foam base are irregular.
5. The ‘molding process’ was done in same vinyl material directly on ‘foam base’.
6. Before sewing procedure it is advisable to baste the pieces to be sewn putting a ‘staple’ on those ‘Vnotches or reference marks’.
7. The last part of process was to fit the cover over on foam base.
The thorough sewing was done using the ‘basic closing sewing’ or ‘blind stitches’.
I hope you find the video as an inspiration!