It’s fashionable to say things like “I’m not judging” and “no judgement.”
But judgement, especially GOOD judgement, can be very useful, especially when it come to hiring people into your company or deciding who you want to partner with.
Almost all businesses are now using some sort of personality assessment tool to help ensure that the new person will be a good fit and stay with the organization for a while.
In this video, author and leadership consultant, Michael Angelo Caruso, talks about Dr. Tony Alessandra’s “Platinum Rule” personality profile tool.
This simple assessment can be done on the spot and is surprisingly accurate when identifying one of four personality styles: Director, Relater, Socializer and Thinker.
Judgement is not the end goal of personality analysis. The goal is to identify the personality of the person you’re communicating with so you can package your message in a way that is warm to that person and both of you can benefit from a better relationship.
This video was recorded at a leadership training event sponsored by Rose Pest Solutions, a respected regional pest control company in the Midwest. The event was held at the Crowne Plaza in Troy, Michigan.
Subscribe to this YouTube channel to be notified of Michael’s new videos.
The keynote speaker plays a key role at your leadership convention or conference. The speaker emphasizes your theme and offers a value-added message. More importantly, he or she helps attendees be better leaders for their organizations.
Remember, the team usually improves right after the leader does.
Michael Angelo Caruso delivers a fantastic keynote on leadership that’s both educational and entertaining. The session covers what your leadership group needs to know about the best ways to educate, motivate, and reward team members. He’ll talk about ways to handle the four most challenging work personalities, giving special attention to handling negative people.
You’ll learn a simple, yet effective technique for confidence that few leaders use and the best way to offer criticism. Unfortunately, most managers try to motivate employees using three tools that usually don’t motivate: job descriptions, performance reviews and evaluation forms that are linked to money. It turns out that money doesn’t motivate most employees anyway.
Michael uses the amazing power of story to motivate leaders who attend his presentations.
• Why money does not motivate most people
• Two things that motivate people almost every time
• 5 Cool Ideas for dealing with under-performers
• Why most job descriptions are de-motivating
• The #1 thing workers want (but don’t get) from managers
• Why performance reviews should be unpredictable
• Why you should never start a meeting late
• A secret for interviewing job applicants that’ll save your job
• How to deal with the 4 most challenging personalities
• Cool Ideas for dealing with negativity
• A fun way to guarantee feedback from your team
• Tips on how to instantly improve your presentation skills
• A simple technique for confidence
• How to read people better and faster
• The fastest way to show interest in someone
• Improve your vocabulary quickly and cheaply
• Find the Power Seat in any room
• The lost secret of how to give a compliment
• 5 Cool Ideas on how to be a better role model
• How to be less of a boss and more of a coach
• Never be the bad guy again
• The “Reward/Consequence” proposal; why it works so well
• The “LB/NT” technique; the best way to offer criticism
• The 15 most powerful words
More on Michael at his website. Join his “Present Like a Pro Group” on Facebook for ongoing speaking tips.
Michael Angelo Caruso teaches presentation skills that will help you command the room, get noticed and advance your career. If you’re a leader or salesperson, Michael will help you become a better presenter for the rest of your life.
The most important business skill for leaders and salespeople is the ability to effectively communicate with groups of people. Look into leadership and sales training so you can keep teams interested, motivated and successful.
Use Michael to pump up your next conference or industry event. He’s one of the top keynote speakers in America. Choose from his menu of popular keynote topics.
And his reputation is expanding. Michael’s now spoken in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. Set up a free consult with Michael so you can crush your presentations and improve sales. More on Michael at MichaelAngeloCaruso dot com.
Watch (and subscribe to) Michael’s channel on YouTube to learn how he can help your sales team. Just click that silver bell on the YT video page.