Are you ready for Q4 and the higher book sales that usually come along with it? Or are you thinking, this is my first q4, what do I do or even what is q4? Well today I’m going to cover all that as well as some of my top tips on preparing for q4. So, if this is your first q4 you’ll want to stay tuned and if you’re a seasoned veteran, I’d love to hear some of your best tips in the comments. Don’t hold back. Let’s help each other make this our best Q4 ever.
First, I’m not going to tell you exactly what you need to do to get ready for Q4, because, to be honest, everyone’s journey and business model is different. That said, I am going to give you some of the top tips that have helped me over the past 3 years that still coincide with Self publishing best practices.
First, what is Q4?
So, what are some tips on how to sell more books during q4,
1. Check the basics – Things like your cover, book description, price and keywords should all be dialed in to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward for the increased browsing consumers.
2. Make sure your utilizing all relevant book categories. Did you know that you can get your books into up to 20 Amazon categories? 10 for your paperback and 10 for your ebook. By using good book category research you can greatly expand you and your books exposure. Of course, to expedite things, I use Publisher Rocket for this, but doing book category research direction on Amazon in incognito mode works just as well.
3. Can your book be in more formats? (ebook, audiobook, hard cover, spiral bound, etc.) The more formats you have your book in, the better your chances of meeting your customers needs.
4. On a similar note, if you want to sell more books online, you may want to consider publishing wide. Put simply, publishing wide just means having your books on more than just one platform. Your customers are everywhere so shouldn’t your books be? Only you can answer the question should I publish wide. If a great deal of your revenue comes from Kindle Unlimited then you may not want to stray from KDP Select. But understand that KDP Select only relates to your ebook, your paperback, hardcovers, spiral bounds, etc can be anywhere. A website is a great centeralized location where you can send people to find your other versions of your book
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY: RELAX and HAVE FUN!
I know I gave you a lot to think about and you’re probably riddled with even more questions, Should I start making holiday books, should I publish more books, how fast should I publish a book, how fast should I publish my new book?
Slow down and relax. Yes, people tend to buy more during Q4, and yes those larger than normal royalty checks are nice, but there are 3 things you need to remember.
1. Though people are buying more, that doesn’t guarantee you’ll get more sales, it just increases the probability.
2. There will be another q4 next year, so relax and remember this is a long term business, not a get rich quick scheme
3. If you’re not having fun…what’s the POINT?
Now, If you want to have all of your Amazon books in one central location, then check out my video on how to set up an author central page, absolutely free.
I’ll see you in the next video and remember to Write Right.
Let me know what you thought of the video in the comments below.
🔴 Subscribe for more free YouTube tips:
🔴 If you enjoyed this video then check these out:
Increase Look Inside Feature:
Get your book in book stores:
✅ Tools and services, I recommend:
My book on how to get book honest book reviews without begging:
The tool I use to find efficiently find profitable keywords, categories and niches:
The self-publishing course that more than tripled my business revenue:
The Amazon Ad(formerly AMS Ads) Course that taught me how to optimize my ads, as well as introduced me to AMS UK:
✅ Recommended playlists:
How to Make a Children’s Picture Book in PowerPoint:
No Content and Low Content Book Interiors:
Tips for Authors:
Disclaimer: Some of these links go to one of my websites and some are affiliate links where I’ll earn a small commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
✅ For business inquiries contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
✅ Let’s connect:
Twitter – @kwheelerbooks
Instagram – /kwheelerbooks